Sonu Nigam Kids, Wife, Height, Salary, facts and much more
Here in this article, you are going to know much more detail about Sonu Nigam which was never shown or revealed by others. Some Unknown Facts about Sonu Nigam are written here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Sonu Nigam|
|Nick Name||Elvis Presley of India|
|Profession||Singer, Music Director|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters:170 cm|
in meters:1.70 m
in feet inches:5’7″
|Weight||in kilograms:65 kg|
in pounds:143 lbs
|Body/ Figure Measurements||chest:38 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||30 July 1973|
|Birth Place||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Home Town||Delhi, India|
|School||J.D Tyler school, Delhi, India|
|College||Delhi University, Delhi|
|Debut||Singing: Bewafa Sanam (1990, Bollywood)|
Album: Rafi Ki Yaadein 10-20(1993)
Music Direction: Sooper se Oopar(2013)
Film:Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani(2002)
|Family||Father: Agam kumar Nigam (Singer)|
Mother: Shobha Nigam
Sister: Meenal and Neekita(Younger)
|Best Friends||Shah Rukh Khan, Karan Johar|
|Likes & Dislikes||Not Known|
|Controversies||Sonu Nigam, who’s in the eye of the storm with his tweets on the use of loudspeakers for Azaans at mosques, offered to apologise if his recent controversial tweets were found to be ‘anti-Muslim’.|
After his tweet on use of loudspeakers in mosques, a West Bengal Cleric’s issued a fatwa by which he will pay INR 10 lakh to shave off sonus head. In response sonu invited hairstylist Aalim Hakim to cut his hairs
A huge controversy arose in 2015 after he supported Radhee Maa saying that” Kaali Maa depicted in lesser clothes than radhee maa”
He also had some heated arguments Babul supriyo at hotel sun n sand in Juhu over the issue of Royalty earned on songs
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Marlyn Monroe|
|Favourite Food||Paneer Makkhanwala, Paneer Kofta, Butter Chicken, Gulaab Jamun, Tandoori Chicken|
|Favourite Musician||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi, Michale Jakson, Cliff Richards, Whitney Huston|
|Favourite Destination||Greece, New Zealand, Egypt|
|Favourite Color||white, red|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Cars Collection||not known|
|Salary||5-7 lakh / song|
|Net worth||$8 million|
SOME UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT SONU NIGAM
1. Sonu Nigam performed for the first time on stage at the age of three! He sang his first song Kya Hua Tera Wada on with his father at a live show.
2. Sonu is a master of regional languages. He can sing in Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Bhojpuri, Urdu, Nepali and Marathi, with clear enunciation.
3. RD Burman had considered Sonu Nigam to sing Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh from 1942 Love Story. Kumar Sanu was supposed to record the song, but the singer was quite late for the recording leaving the producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra infuriated. Pancham Da told Sonu Nigam that if Kumar Sanu doesn’t turn up in the next few minutes, he would record the song. Sonu said he was praying that Sanu da doesn’t turn up but unfortunately he did. And the rest is history!
4. Sonu’s first album Kismat with the music label Magna Sound was an astounding success. The album was a platinum hit and the label followed up his success by signing him again for a Bhajan album titled Sanskaar.
5. Sonu won his first Filmfare awards in 1999 for the track Ishq Bina in Taal composed by AR Rahman. He won his first National Film Award as Best Male Playback Singer for the title track of Kal Ho Naa Ho. Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy composed for this Karan Johar film.
6. Sonu’s film debut was as a child actor in 1983 film Betaab. As an adult, he made his acting debut in a lead role opposite Juhi Babbar in 2004 movie Love in Nepal. He was also part of films like Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani and Kash Aap Hamare Hote.
7. In 2006, Sonu has a show to himself on Radiocity 91.1 FM titled Life Ki Dhun with Sonu Nigam, where interviewed musicians, including Lata Mangeshkar in the episode aired last.
8. Nigam has done a Hindi voice over for animated films in Hollywood such as Aladdin and Rio. He also sang for the Hindi version of Aladdin, which was aired on Disney Channel India. On February 2013, an announcement was made that Sonu is assigned to lead his voice in a Hindi dubbed version of a Japanese animated film, The Mystical Laws.
9. Sonu Nigam composed the title track of the film Singh Saab The Great as a solo composer. He has also composed the music of films like Sooper Se Ooper and Jal in collaboration with percussionist Bickram Ghosh.
10. Sonu was reported to be working on an English album called Spirit Unfolding and on a project called Time Travel, where his voice will be aligned with recordings of other singers in Hindi songs. He has also sung a song produced by famous international house music producer David Guetta in collaboration with Jay Sean. He collaborated with Britney Spears on a remix of her I Wanna Gotrack. He also collaborated with Avicii for the track Indian Levels.