Pramod Muthalik (born 1963) is the leader of Rashtriya Hindu Sena, the parent organization of Sri Ram Sena.
A member of Bajrang Dal at the beginning of his life, he formed the Karnataka unit of Shiv Sena after being expelled from Bajrang Dal.
He left Shiv Sena for the Belgaum border conflict and then trained Sri Ram Sena.
It caught the attention of the media when about 40 Ram Sena activists stormed a Mangalore pub and attacked young men and women, insisting they violated traditional Indian values.
The state government of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) banned him from entering Mangalore, after which he campaigned against the party in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
|Real Name||Pramod Muthalik|
|Nick Name||Pramod Ji, Pramod Bhaiyya|
|Famous For||Being a founder of Sri Ram Sena and Rashtriya Hindu Sena|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters– 168 cm|
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight||in kilograms– 75 kg|
in pounds– 165 lbs
|Date Of Birth||Year– 1963|
|Age(as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Hukkeri, Belgaum, Karnataka|
|Home Town||Hukkeri, Belgaum, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Address||HN 9/20, Baraotri, Shree Shankara, Dharvad, Karnataka|
|Hobbies||Going to Religious Ceremonies, Listening to Bhajan|
|Controversies||• Muthalik caught the attention of the media when about 40 activists from Ram Sena entered a Mangalore pub and attacked young men and women. Later, he insisted that these people were violating Indian culture.|
• Muthalik is notorious for its inflammatory rhetoric, inciting hatred between religious groups, organizing training with the intention of committing acts of violence. More than 45 cases are pending against him and the police are looking for him in 11 districts of Karnataka. Most of these cases are still under investigation and are related to subversive activities, the desecration of religious books, the illegal gathering, the violation of prohibition orders and the evasion of court orders.
• Muthalik is also an admirer of Nathuram Godse, who killed Mahatma Gandhi and regularly attends an annual ceremony in Pune to commemorate the anniversary of Godse’s death.
• In August 2014, Muthalik called the BJP the “Party of Bharatiya Jesus” and called it “corrupt and anti-Hindu”.
• In June 2018, Muthalik compared Gauri Lankesh, a journalist killed in Bengaluru, with a dog. “Many wanted Prime Minister Modi to react after the death of Gauri Lankesh, why should Modi react if a dog dies in Karnataka?” Muthalik said. Later, he defended his statement, claiming that he did not directly compare Lankesh to a dog and that he simply pointed out that Prime Minister Modi could not comment on every death in Karnataka.
|Favourite Right-wing Advocate||Nathuram Godse|
Boys, Affairs and More
Some lesser known facts about Pramod Muthalik
- Pramod Muthalik is the leader of Rashtriya Hindu Sena, the parent organization of Sri Ram Sena.
- At the beginning of his life, Muthalik was a member of Bajrang Dal. Muthalik joined the RSS in 1975.
- Muthalik formed the Karnataka unit of Shiv Sena after being expelled from Bajrang Dal in 2005.
- Muthalik left Shiv Sena for the Belgaum border dispute and then founded Sri Ram Sena.
- Due to his notorious activities, the state government led by the BJP of Karnataka forbade him to enter Mangalore, after which he campaigned against the party in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
- In March 2014, Muthalik joined the Karnataka unit of the BJP but was forced to leave his post a few hours later due to the brutal reaction and protests of the other members.
- Muthalik contested the 2014 elections in Lok Sabha as an independent candidate in the constituencies of Bangalore South and Dharwad in Karnataka but failed both.
- In 2018, he made a statement in defense of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He compared the journalist Gauri Lankesh with Dog. Muthalik said: “Many wanted Prime Minister Modi to react after the death of Gauri Lankesh, why should Modi react if a dog dies in Karnataka?”