Philippe Coutinho Correia (born June 12, 1992) is a professional Brazilian soccer player who plays as an offensive or extreme midfielder for the Spanish club in Barcelona and the Brazilian national team.
Born and raised in Rio de Janeiro, Coutinho demonstrated a prodigious talent and stood out in the youth system of Vasco da Gama.
He was signed by the Italian club Inter Milan in 2008 for 4 million euros and then ceded to Vasco, where he became a key player.
He made his debut at Inter Milan in 2010 and was considered the “future of Inter”, and then was ceded to the Espanyol League club in 2012.
|Real Name||Philippe Coutinho Correia|
|Nick Name||The Magician, The Kid, Little Magician|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters– 171 cm|
in meters– 1.71 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight||in kilograms– 70 kg|
in pounds– 150 lbs
|Body/ Figure Measurements||– Chest: 36 inches|
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 13.5 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||International– On 7 October 2010 for Brazil against Iran|
Club– In 2009 for Vasco da Gama.
|Jersey Number||#11 (Brazil)|
|Coach/Mentor||Tite, Ernesto Valverde|
|Position||Attacking Midfielder/ Winger|
|Date Of Birth||June 12, 1992|
|Age (as in 2018)||26 Years|
|Birth Place||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Home Town||Rocha, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|College||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Playing Video Games|
|Favorite Music||Brazilian Pagode and Samba, Spanish Reggaeton|
|Favourite Food||Rice and typical Brazilian beans|
|Favourite Perfume Brand||Paco Rabanne, Chanel|
|Favourite Destination||Austria, Malaysia|
|Favourite Color||Yellow, Blue, Black|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Marriage Date||December 13, 2012|
|Children||Son– Philippe Coutinho Junior|
Daughter– Maria Coutinho
|Parents||Father– Ze Carlos Coutinho (Architect)|
Mother– Dona Esmeralda Coutinho
|Siblings||Brothers– Cristian Coutinho (Lawyer)|
Leandro Coutinho (Lawyer)
|Cars Collection||Porsche, Audi Q7, Range Rover|
|Salary||$16.5 Million (Rs.104 Crore)|
|Net worth||$60 Million (Rs.408 Crore)|
Some lesser known facts about Philippe Coutinho
- Did Philippe Coutinho smoke ?: No
- Philippe Coutinho drinks alcohol ?: Yes
- He was the third son of the family and grew up with his two older brothers, which were his growing football inspirations.
- Philippe grew up in Rocha, Rio de Janeiro. His house was only minutes away from the iconic “Maracana Stadium”.
- In his childhood, he was too shy to join other children playing football. He watched his older brothers play soccer on the concrete floor near his house.
- At the age of six, Philippe started playing football. It was not long when people began to notice their skills and talent. In an interview, he revealed that it was his friend’s grandmother who urged his father to enroll him at the local football academy.
- He started taking part in local tournaments. Then he fell in love with Futsal (a variant of a football game that is played in small fields with fewer players). This has greatly improved his game.
- The talent of Coutinho was discovered by the explorers. The coaches of Vasco da Gama approached his father and encouraged him to take Philippe to the practice of the club. When he joined the academy, he was very upset and did not want to play. He felt very much in his place; since he was too shy to interact with his teammates. After a short time and a lot of motivation, he began to feel comfortable and to lose his shyness.
- At the age of 13, he first thought about the following soccer professionally. Then he was included in Brazil’s sub-14 team.
- At the age of 16, the Italian giants of Inter Milan bought Coutinho in Vasco for 7.7 million dollars. They lent him to Vasco for two years and he would join Inter Milan when he was 18 years old.
- On August 27, 2010, Philippe played his first game for Inter Milan. On May 8, 2011, he scored his first goal for the club in a free kick against Fiorentina.
- On January 30, 2012, it was ceded to the Spanish club Espanyol.
- In the summer of 2012, he married his long-time girlfriend, Aine.
On January 30, 2013, Coutinho joined Liverpool. He made his debut with the club against West Bromwich Albion on February 11 of the same year.
- He scored his first international goal for Brazil against Mexico on June 7, 2015.
- Philippe has been voted “Man of the Match” for three consecutive games in the 2016-2017 season.
- On January 6, 2018, he joined the La Liga club in Barcelona. He made his debut for the club on January 25, 2018 against Espanyol in the quarterfinals of the “Copa del Rey”.
- Coutinho was the godfather at the wedding of his Brazilian teammate Roberto Firmino.
- He was included in the Brazilian team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He also scored the first two goals of the team in the tournament.