|Real Name||Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin|
|Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
|Political Journey||• Stalin began his political life at just 14 by campaigning in 1967 assembly elections.
• He was elected to the General Committee of DMK in 1973.
• As of January 2017, Stalin has been elected 4 times to the Tamil Nadu assembly from the Thousand Lights constituency in Chennai since 1989.
• In 1996, he became the city’s first directly elected Mayor.
• He was re-elected as the city’s Mayor in 2001.
• After the 2006 assembly elections in Tamil Nadu, Stalin became the Minister for Rural Development and Local Administration.
• Governor of Tamil Nadu nominated Stalin as Deputy Chief Minister of the state in 2009.
|Biggest Rival||Not Known|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Date of Birth||1 March 1953|
|Age (as in 2017)||64 Years|
|Birth Place||Madras, Madras State, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College||The New College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation in History|
|Debut||Tamil Film Industry– Ore Ratham (as an Actor- 1988), Nabikkainatchthram (as a Producer- 1978)
Politics– In 1967 polls as a campaigner for the DMK.
|Family||Father– M. Karunanidhi
Mother– Dayalu Ammal
Brother– M. K. Muthu (Indian Actor, Singer, and Politician)
M. K. Alagiri (Indian Politician)
M. K. Tamilarasu (Film Producer)
Kanimozhi (Rajya Sabha MP)
|Controversies||• Stalin was arrested in 1975 under Maintainance of Internal Security Act (MISA) for his protest against Emergency.
• In 2001, he along with his father and some others was arrested on charges of corruption in the Chennai flyover scam.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Durga Stalin (m. 1975)|
|Children||Son– Udhayanidhi Stalin (Film Producer & Actor)
Daughter– Senthamarai Stalin
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 5,84,02,961 (as of 2016)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About M. K. Stalin
- Does M. K. Stalin smoke: Not Known
- Does M. K. Stalin drink alcohol: Not Known
- M. K. Stalin was conceived in Madras, now Chennai, on 1 March 1953. He was named after Joseph Stalin, who passed on later that week.
- His political profession started when, as a 14 year old, he battled in the 1967 races. In 1973, Stalin was chosen to the General panel of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK).
- He came to spotlight when he was imprisoned under Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) for challenging the Emergency.
- Stalin has been chosen four times to the Tamil Nadu Assembly since 1989 from the Thousand Lights body electorate in Chennai. Stalin turned into the city’s first straightforwardly chose Mayor in 1996.
- Stalin was reelected Mayor in 2001, be that as it may, Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa instituted the Tamil Nadu Municipal Laws (Amendment) Act, 2002, a law that keeps a man from holding two chose posts in the legislature. This law was connected reflectively to Stalin’s case (he was chosen MLA) in a move generally observed as went for expelling as Chennai’s Mayor.
- Stalin has been captured a few times on different open issues since he was first captured in 1975 under MISA, which is near psychological warfare and goondas act. serious physical discipline has been forced on him already.
- Karunanidhi midnight capture in which Karunanidhi, Stalin, Maran, and others were captured and charged in the flyover trick. This was generally thought to be a demonstration of political vendetta,as the FIR or police dissension was stopped on Friday night and the captures were completed just a couple of hours after the fact on Saturday morning.
- While the captures occurred in 2001, the chargesheet was just recorded in court four years after the fact, in 2005.
- Stalin straightforwardly blamed V. K. Sasikala of Jayalalithaa’s demise. He said that if Jayalalithaa’s passing is examined, she’d be in prison forever.