Jwala Gutta family, Love Life, Wiki and more
Here in this article, you are going to know much more detail about Jwala Gutta which was never shown or revealed by others. Some Unknown Facts about Jwala Gutta is written here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Jwala Gutta|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Profession||Indian Badminton player|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 10″
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 Kg|
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Body/ Figure Measurements||35-28-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||7 September 1983|
|Age||(as in 2017) 33 Years|
|Birth Place||Wardha, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Town||Hyderabad, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Kranti Gutta|
Mother- Yelan Gutta
Sister- Insi Gutta (younger sister)
|Controversies||• She has been in controversy for her outspoken nature.|
• In 2013, she was banned for life by IBL for trying to stop players of her franchise, Krrish Delhi Smashers, to play against Banga Beats in the IBL.
|Favourite Food||Chaat, Chinese Cuisines|
Boys, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (2005-2011)|
|Husband||Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (2005-2011)|
|International Debut||In the 2002 India Asia Satellite Tournament.|
|Coach/Mentor||S. M. Arif|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 14 times winner of National Badminton Championship in doubles.|
• Won a bronze at the 2011 BWF World Championships.
• Won a Gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a silver at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Thomas & Uber Cup.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Badminton Asia Championships.
|Career Turning Point||When she won gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.|
|Highest Ranking||6 (in XD) (August 2010)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jwala Gutta
- She does not smoke nor does she consumes alcohol.
- She was born in Wardha and brought up in Hyderabad.
- Her father, Kranti Gutta, is a Telugu Hindu while her mother, Yelan Gutta, is of Chinese descent.
- Her mother, Yelan, is a granddaughter of a Chinese Gandhian, Tseng, who visited India in 1971 along-with her mother to see the Sevagram Ashram and also translated Gandhi’s autobiography into the Chinese language.
- She wanted to pursue her career in Tennis but her mother insisted her to play Badminton.
- She was only 4 when her father introduced her with the National Badminton Coach, S. M. Arif.
- She learnt Gymnastics and Swimming before starting her training for Badminton. She started playing Badminton at the age of 6 and won Under-13 Girls Mini National Badminton Championship held in Kerala.
- Jwala Gutta partnered with Shruti Kurien which lasted for several years and the duo won the Women’s Doubles National title for 7 years (from 2002 to 2008) in succession.
- After her divorce, there were speculations in media about her link-up with the ex-Indian Cricketer, Mohammad Azharuddin.
- She remains active on social fronts and has been involved with various social issues including anti-tobacco campaign, anti-zoo campaign and women empowerment issues.
- On numerous occasions, she has been listed as one of the most inspirational sportswomen from India.
- In 2011, Indian Government awarded her with the Arjuna Award (India’s 2nd highest sporting honour).
- In 2013, she appeared in an item number in a Telugu Film, Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde.