The Dalai Lama is a title given to the spiritual leaders of the Tibetan people.
They are part of the Gelug School or “Yellow Hat” of Tibetan Buddhism, the newest of the Tibetan Buddhist schools.
The fourteenth and current Dalai Lama is Tenzin Gyatso.
The Dalai Lama is also considered the successor of a lineage of tulkus believed to be incarnations of Avalokiteśvara, a bodhisattva of compassion.
The name is a combination of the Mongol word Dalai meaning “ocean” or “great” (from the Mongol title Dalaiyin can or Dalai Khan, translated as “Gyatso” in Tibetan) and the Tibetan word (bla-ma) meaning “master, guru “.
|Real Name||Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso|
|Nick Name||Tenzin Gyatso|
|Profession||Tibetan Spiritual Leader, Former Political Leader Of Tibetans, Author|
|Famous For||Being Dalai Lama|
|Date Of Birth||6 July 1935|
|Age (as in 2017)||82 Years|
|Birth Place||Taktser, Amdo, Tibet|
|Home Town||Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Political Inclination||Former Political Leader Of Tibet|
|Address||Temple Road, McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, 176219|
|Hobbies||Meditating, Gardening, Reading, Writing Books and Quotes, Photography|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Nobel Peace Prize in 1989|
• Four Freedoms Award in 1994
• World Peace Prize for Global Security in 1994
• Life Achievement Award in 1999
• Gold medal of the Congress in 2007
• German Media Prize Berlin in 2009
• Lanton Human Rights Award 2009
• Human Rights Award in 2009
• International Prize for the Driver of Freedom in 2010
• Templeton Award 2012
|Controversies||• In 2015, in an interview with the BBC, he said: “If a Dalai Lama comes into existence, it must be attractive, otherwise it is not very useful.” For this comment, it has been criticized by the public and the media.|
• He was strongly protested by the Chinese Student and Academic Association (CSSA) when he was invited to the University of California to speak at the opening ceremony. in 2017
|Favourite Food||Mushrooms, Cheese, Bread, Tofu, Dessert, Gnocchi|
Boys, Affairs and More
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Celibate)|
|Parents||Father– Choekyong Tsering (A Farmer)|
Mother– Diki Tsering
|Siblings||Brothers– Gyalo Thondup, Thubten Jigme Norbu, Tenzin Choegyal, Lobsang Samden|
Sisters– Jetsun Pema, Tsering Dolma
|Net worth||$150 Million|
Some lesser-known facts about the Dalai Lama
- He was born as Lhamo Thondup in an agricultural family on July 6, 1935.
- When he was only 2 years old, he was believed to be the reincarnation of the 13th Dalai Lama by the Tibetans.
- To prove the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama XIII, he had to pass specific tests where he had to identify the clothes of the Dalai Lama XIII. He passed it and crowned him as the 14th Dalai Lama.
- His full name is “Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso” and expresses the Person of the Dalai Lama; since it means Holy Lord, Sweet Glory, Compassionate, Defender of the Faith, Ocean of Wisdom. The name was given to him when his identity was recognized as the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama XIII.
- He has always been interested in science and engineering since childhood. When I was young, I repaired watches, watches, and cars.
- He received Tibetan responsibilities at the age of 15 and became the political and spiritual leader of the people of Tibet.
- He moved to India with thousands of Tibetan refugees when China invaded Tibet in 1959.
- He is a Tibetan refugee who lives in McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala, India.
- It supports nonviolence, women’s rights, social justice, secular ethics and interfaith harmony throughout the world. He is also an accomplished spiritual speaker who speaks on a variety of topics around the world to promote peace, harmony, and humanity.
- He appeared in the book of Heinrich Harrer (An Austrian), Seven Years in Tibet.
- He is the fourteenth Dalai Lama, who is the coronation and the longest-lived Dalai Lama of all his predecessors.
- He is one of the most popular personalities in the world. It has 18.5 million Twitter followers who continually tweet about peace, nonviolence, compassion, harmony and more.
- He has written more than 40 books on topics such as Happiness, Love, and Peace, Humanity, Religion, Buddhism, Meditation, Wisdom and Compassion and Kindness.
- It was ranked 39 on the list of the most powerful people in the world by Forbes in 2010.
- Although the Dalai Lama is an idol for the Tibetans, he is a demon for China. Your photos and images can not be used in the territory of Tibet occupied by China.