Whitney Wolfe Herd (born 1989) is an American entrepreneur. She is the founder and CEO of Bumble and co-founder of the Tinder Dating app.
The founder of Badoo contacted Wolfe Herd to create a dating platform and collaborated with her on a new company in 2011, and launched Bumble that year.
Bumble launches new verticals like BumbleBizz and has launched BumbleBFF to find friends. According to Forbes, the company has a value of more than $ 1 billion.
|Real Name||Whitney Wolfe|
|Famous As||Co-Founder and CEO of Bumble|
Co-Founder of the dating app Tinder
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Body/ Figure Measurements||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Light Golden Blonde|
|Date Of Birth||1989|
|Age (as in 2018)||29 Years|
|Birth Place||Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S|
|College||Southern Methodist University|
|Awards, Honors, Achievements||2014: Named on of Business Insider’s 30 Most Important Women Under 30 In Tech|
2016: Named on of Elle’s Women in Tech
2017: Listed in a TechCrunch feature on 42 women succeeding in tech
2017-2018: Named to Forbes 30 under 30
|Controversies||She filed a case against her ex-boyfriend and ex-boss alleging sexual harassment in 2014. Though the case was later settled.|
|Favourite Actor||Tom Cruise, Dwayne Johnson|
|Favourite Actress||Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone|
|Favourite Food||Pizza, Pancakes, Salad|
|Favorite Writer||Joanna Coles|
Boys, Affairs and More
|Husband||September 2, 2017|
|Parents||Father– Michael Wolfe (Property Developer)|
Mother– Kelly (Homemaker)
Sister– Danielle Wolfe
|Net worth||$200 Million (1350 Crore)|
Some famous facts about Whitney Wolfe
- Whitney Wolfe smokes ?: Unknown
- Does Whitney Wolfe drink alcohol ?: Yes
- At the age of 19, he started a business selling bamboo bags; benefiting the areas affected by the BP oil spill. He partnered with leading fashion designer Patrick Aufdenkamp to launch the nonprofit organization called “Help Us Project.”
- The bags received wide recognition after celebrities such as Rachel Zoe and Nicole Richie were photographed with them.
- After graduating, he traveled to Southeast Asia where he worked with orphanages.
- He joined Hatch Labs when he was 22 years old. He joined the dating app “Tinder” with Rad, Chris Gulczynski in 2012 within the IAC startup incubator.
- She became co-founder and vice president of marketing for Tinder. It has also been credited with its popularity on university campuses and the growth of its user base.
- In 2014, she left the company accusing her former boyfriend and former boss “Justin Mateen” of calling her a “prostitute” and also filed a sexual harassment complaint against her. Although the case was settled by a court, more than $ 1 million.
- She has experienced some form of online abuse that is all too familiar to women who make public accusations of sexual harassment after sexually abusing their ex boyfriend. She erased her Twitter account when this abuse turned into rape and threats of murder of foreigners.
- It launched Bumble in 2014 as the only dating platform where women (they have more control than traditional dating apps) take the first step and in three years their vision has led to Bumble’s growth to more than 28 years. millions of users in 144 countries.
- In 2016, Bumble launched Bumble BFF as a search tool for friends and Bumble Bizz for professional networks in 2017.
- Priyanka Chopra attended the launch of Bumble Bizz with Kate Hudson, Karlie Kloss, etc.
- Bumble is majority owned by a European Badoo dating application.
- Bumble has 85% of employed women among 70, Andrey Andreev aside (Bumble co-founder).
- In April 2016, Tinder and Bumble are respectively the first and the fourth most popular dating application.
- In January 2018, CNBC reported that Badoo was looking for a sale that could value the company at around $ 1.5 billion.