Here in this article, you are going to know much more detail about the Sridevi which was never shown or revealed by others. Some Unknown Facts about Sridevi is written here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Full Name||Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||In Centimeters – 168 cm In Meters – 1.68 m In Feet Inches – 5’6″|
|Weight||In Kilograms – 56 Kgs In Pounds – 123 lbs|
|Body/ Figure Measurements||34-28-34|
|Date Of Birth||13 August 1963|
|Age (at the time of death)||54 Years|
|Death Cause||Drowning in a Bathtub following loss of consciousness|
|Birth Place||Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Home Town||Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Thunavian (1967, Tamil as a child Actor ‘Muruga’)|
Julie (1975, Bollywood as a child Actor)
Sadma (1983, Bollywood)
TV: Malini Iyer (2004)
|Family||Father: Ayyapan Yanger (Lawyer)|
Mother: Rajeswari Yanger
Sister: Srilatha Yanger
Brother(s): 2 Step Brothers
|Address||Sea Springs, Bungalow No. 2|
Green Acres, 7 Bungalows,
Andheri West, Lokhandwala Complex
|Hobbies||Painting and Dancing|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Painting, Dancing|
|Awards/Honours||1977: Filmfare Special Award – South for 16 Vayathinile|
1982: Filmfare Best Actress Award (Tamil) for Meendum Kokila
1990: Filmfare Best Actress Award for ChaalBaaz
1991: Filmfare Best Actress Award (Telugu) for Kshana Kshanam
1992: Filmfare Best Actress Award for Lamhe
2013: Filmfare Special Award for Nagina and Mr India
2013: Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India
- A popular magazine had once published her and Mithun Chakraborty’s False Marriage certificate.
- Though she married Boney Kapoor on June 2nd but publicly announced it very late in January 1997
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Food||Rice with Rasam, Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberries|
|Favourite Films||Chandni, Nagina, Mr. India|
Boyfriends, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Mithun Chakraborty (Actor)|
|Husband||Boney Kapoor (Producer)|
|Marriage Date||2 June 1996|
|Children||Daughter(s): Jhanvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor, Anshula Kapoor(Step)|
Son: Arjun Kapoor (Step Son)
|Salary||5 Crore per Film (INR)|
|Net worth||35 Crores (INR)|
Sridevi’s Secret Facts
- She was given the title and considered as the first ever female superstar of Bollywood.
- For 4 Decades she has been a part of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films.
- She made her comeback with the Movie “English Vinglish”
- She began her acting journey in 1967 as a child artist in a Tamil movie “Thunavian” playing the role of Muruga.
- She loves to dancing and also has been training, she is also considered as one of the finest dancers.
- She won her first award as a child actor fro “poombatta” in 1971
- She has done 16 movies with Jeetendra and out of which 11 were super hits.
- Because of her dancing moves she was known as the “Miss thunder thighs” in the 80’s
- She refused a role from Jurassic Park as it was not the lead role
- When she started in Bollywood, she did not know Hindi and used dubbing for her dialogues.
- In 2012, after a 15-years of hiatus, Sridevi made a comeback with English Vinglish. She received critical acclaims for her performance in the film, both in India and worldwide. The film also went on to become India’s official entry to the Academy Awards for that year.
- On 24 February 2018, while attending her husband’s nephew Mohit Marwah‘s wedding function in Dubai, she bid adieu to this living planet. According to forensic reports, she died of “accidental drowning.” Earlier, her death cause was quoted to be a cardiac arrest.
- On 28 February 2018, was cremated with full state honours in Mumbai. She was wrapped in the Tricolour and clad in a red Kanjeevaram sari as she started her final journey from Celebration Sports Club in Lokhandwala to the Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium and Hindu Cemetery. Her mortal remains were taken in a hearse, draped with white flowers, with her portrait in the front.
- Anand L. Rai‘s film Zero (starring Shah Rukh Khan) would be her last film. She would appear in a cameo playing herself in the film.
- Her fans consider her demise as a gigantic vacuum in the Bollywood. However, the versatility of Sridevi’s performances would always give her fans a reason to cherish her noble life.