In this article, you are going to know about Manoj Kumar .Some unknown facts have been revealed and his complete biodata is provided.
|Real Name||Harikrishna Giri Goswami (birth name)|
|Nick Name||Bharat Kumar|
Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Date Of Birth||24 July 1937|
|Birth Place||Abbottabad, North-West Frontier Province, British India
(now in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan)
|Home Town||Delhi, India|
|College||Hindu College, University of Delhi|
|Debut||Film– Fashion (1957)
Directorial– Upkaar (1967)
|Family||Father– H.L. Goswami
Mother– Krishna Kumari Goswami
Brother– Rajiv Goswami
Sister– Neelam Goswami
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Singing|
|Favourite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Ashok Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Kamini Kaushal|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Children||Sons– Vishal Goswami,
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Kumar
- Manoj Kumar was born in Brahmin family. When he was 10 years old, his family left Abbottabad, Pakistan and migrated to Delhi.
- When he came to India due to the partition, his family lived as refugees in Vijay Nagar, Kingsway Camp and later moved to Old Rajendra Nagar area of New Delhi.
- From a young age, he was really inspired by Dilip Kumar and Ashok Kumar and thus decided to name himself as Manoj Kumar. However, his real name is Harikrishna Giri Goswami.
- Manoj Kumar’s film career began with 1957 movie Fashion, wherein he played the role of an 80-year-old person.
- Manoj Kumar’s patriotic image was truly recognized after the release of 1965 film Shaheed. The movie was based on the life of freedom fighter Bhagat Singh.
- After 1965 Indo-Pak War, the then PM of India, Lal Bahadur Shastri, asked him to create a movie based on the popular slogan Jai Jawan Jai Kissan. To fulfill his words, he made Upkaar in 1967, in which he played both a soldier and a farmer.
- The Film Upkaar won Kumar his first Filmfare Best Director Award.
- In 1981, he directed a movie, Kranti. The movie was a big hit at the box office. After Kranti, his film career began to decline because his movies were not performing well.
- Due to his many roles on Patriotism, he was nicknamed as ‘Bharat Kumar’.
- In 1989, he was the first ever Indian director to cast Pakistani actors.
- In 1992, he was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- In 1995, he quit acting. He acted for the last time in the 1995 film Maidan-E-Jung.
- Prior to 2004, it was announced that Manoj Kumar had joined Shiv Sena.
- In 2016, Manoj Kumar was bestowed with Dadasaheb Phalke Award lifetime contribution to Indian cinema.