Here is this article about Johnny Lever who is an Indian film actor and one of the most noted comedians in Hindi cinema.Through this article, you are going to know much more detail about Johnny Lever which was never shown or revealed by others. Some particular Unknown Facts about Johnny Lever is mentioned here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||John Rao Prakash Rao Janumala|
Physical Stats & More:
|Height (approx.)||Height in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
Height in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||weight in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
On 8 December 1998, he was sentenced 7 days of imprisonment for disrespecting the Indian Constitution and the Indian National Anthem on the birthday party of Anis Ibrahim’s son in Dubai. Anis is the brother of Dawood Ibrahim.
|Favorite Music Director||Kalyanji-Anandji duo|
Girls, Affairs and More:
|Wife/Spouse||Sujatha Johnrao Janumala|
|Marriage Date||Year 1984|
|Children||Son– Jesse Johnrao Janumala
Daughter– Jamie Janumala aka Jamie Lever (Comedian, Actor, Singer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Johnny Lever:
- Does Johnny Lever Smoke?: No (Quit in 2002)
- Does Johnny Lever Drink Alcohol?: No (Quit in 2002)
- He comes from a Telugu Christian family.
- His father was an operator in Hindustan Lever Ltd.
- Johnny Lever was brought up in Dharavi (Mumbai’s King’s Circle area).
- Bad financial condition made him to stop his studies just by completing his 7th grade and started doing odd jobs on the streets of Mumbai(early known as Bombay) like selling pens and doing mimicry of Bollywood stars.
- In an old city of Hyderabad known as Yakutpura he learned the unique style of comedy.
- He got the name “Johnny Lever” when in one of the functions at the Hindustan Lever Ltd company he mimicked a few senior officers.
- Johnny started performing stand-up comedy in orchestras and joined the group of Kalyanji-Anandji.
- He also worked at the Hindustan Lever Ltd. However, he quit the company in 1981, since he was earning well from stage performances.
- Johnny did world tours along with Kalyanji-Anandji.
- At one of his shows, veteran actor Sunil Dutt noticed his talent and offered him his first major break in the film- Dard Ka Rishta.
- He became famous after his performance in the 1993 Bollywood film- Baazigar.
- So far, he has acted in more than 350 films.
- He is also considered the pioneer of stand-up comedy in India.
- He has received 13 Filmfare Award Nominations in the category of Best Performance in a Comic Role and has won twice for his performances in Deewana Mastana (1997) and Dulhe Raja (1998).