Here in this article, you are going to know much more detail about the Director, Actor, Writer & Producer Anurag Kashyap which was never shown or revealed by others. Some Unknown Facts about Anurag Kashyap is written here in the article with complete Bio Data.
|Real Name||Anurag Singh Kashyap|
|Profession||Film director, Screenwriter, Producer and Actor|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 84 kg
in Pounds- 185 lbs
|Date of Birth||10 September 1972|
|Age (as in 2018)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School, Gwalior, India|
|College||Hans Raj College (University of Delhi), New Delhi, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Science|
|Family||Father– Prakash Singh
Mother– Not Known
Brother– Abhinav Kashyap (Film Director and Screenwriter)Sister– Anubhuti Kashyap
|Controversies||• His directorial debut film “Paanch” fell into controversy for violent portrayal of youths in 2000.
•His another film “Black Friday” in 2007 became controversial for displaying the sensitive issue of 1993 Bombay Bomb Blasts.
• He is often criticized by the media for promoting sex, drugs and abuses through his films.
• Kashyap has always been at the anvil of Censor Board and the latest in the series is his 2016 flick “Udta Punjab” in which he was criticized by the board for portraying Punjab in bad sense.
|Favourite Food||Cheese, cereals, fish, chocolates, Nespresso|
|Favourite Film||Bicycle Thieves, Pyasa, Bandit Queen, Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam|
|Favourite Actor||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachhan, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Actress||Marilyn Monroe, Golshifteh Farahani, Scarlett Johansson|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Aarti Bajaj (2003-2009)
Kalki Koechlin (2011-2013)
|Wife||Aarti Bajaj, Film Editor (2003-2009)
Kalki Koechlin, Actress (2011-2015)
|Children||Daughter– Aaliya Kashyap
|Net Worth||$110 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anurag Kashyap
- Does Anurag Kashyap smoke?: Yes, He does
- Does Anurag Kashyap drink alcohol?: Yes, He does
- Anurag has a complicated life during his school days, Kashyap had great affections with the films but after schools he changed his mind and wanted to become a scientist and thus took admission at Hans Raj College, University of Delhi in a Zoology course and during his college days he again diverted towards films.
- As soon as he compled his graduation in 1993, he joined a street theater group “Jana Natya Manch”.
- He has attended International Film Festival of India and saw 55 films in just 10 days and the film which inspired him the most was Vittorio De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves.
- He left home with 5000 rs in his pocket after De Sica’s effect and arrived Mumbai in 1993 to pursue his dream.
- At the initial days in Mumbai, he spent months on street and benches.
- Anurag’s first job in Mumbai was at Prithvi Theatre, however, his first play was incomplete due to the director’s death.
- The turning point of his life was when Manoj Bajpayee introduced him to Ram Gopal Varma to write a film that eventually turned to be the movie Satya which later proved to be a huge success at the Box-office.
- Anurag’s first directorial debut film “Paanch” hasn’t released yet.
- Anurag had founded his own film production company in 2009, “Anurag Kashyap Films Pvt. Ltd. (AKFPL).
- Anurag he himself is known for his unique film-making style in which he pursues extensive research on each characters and extensively uses light and colour effects.
- Beside directing and producing films, he also acted in a few films like Shagird, Black Friday, Happy New Year, No Smoking, Bhoothnath Returns and others.
- French Government awarded him with the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters) in 2013.
- Anurag is known for guerrilla-film-making technique in which the camera is hidden and actors are given chance to improvise.
- British director was inspired by Kashyap’s works and copied the film-making style of Kashyap in some of the scenes of his Oscar awarded movie “Slumdog Millionaire”.